Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you answer your phone by stating your company? Most contractor businesses I call do not. This is a big pet peeve of mine. I cringe when I call a business and just get a hello. It leave me wandering "Did I get the wrong number. In my opinion if you are a business you should answer your phone as such.

Am I wrong?

Mark

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
I usually answer "Cooke Carpentry, this is Mark". The business name is Cooke Carpentry & Construction, LLC, but that is a mouthful to say over and over when the phone rings.

Though I sometimes answer with "Hello, this is Mark" not quite as business-like, but still more professional than just hello.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
"Adept Home Repair, this is David. How can I help you today?"

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I answer buy saying Hello this is (my name here...first and last) ...as the name of my company is my name...:thumbsup:

·
DPDT, Momentarily on
718 Posts
My shop phone always "Appalachian (app-uh-latch-in not app-uh-lay-shun) Ironworks" unless I recognize the number as a personal call.

My cell I usually do the same, sometimes after hours I'll say "Hello this is
Brian"

If I recognize the number as friends or family sometimes it's "Workin' what are you?"

·
Banned
669 Posts
OYE!!

or

Bueno?

sometimes ahoy ahoy, and 'Ello 'Ello

But rarely "Hello?"

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,695 Posts
I have caller ID, if I recognise who it is I will usually just say hello [insert name]. If I don't recognise it I answer LRG WoodCrafting, Leo speaking.

·
Vendor
6,346 Posts
If it is my cell, I assume they know who they are calling and answer, "this is Tom". For the landline, it is, " MPI, how can I help you" or something similar (although with caller ID, I will answer it, " Hey Joe, what's going on", if I recognize the number).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts