Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

do not count facebook out

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  George Z 
#1 ·
was on faceboook the other day with a group of classmates talking about the old days and old places like taken a dip in sayorville dam in iowa and one of the guys asked if i was still building i said yes he said he was going to be building a new home on the lake this spring thiking like 8400 sq ft going to meet with them next week to see what i can come up with. you just never know were the next job will come from.:thumbup::laughing:

#2 ·
Good for you :thumbsup:

Trying to sift through the tire kickers already, I couldn't imagine having to do it on facebook too where everyone is someone they're not. I'm always weary when someone "wants" something and didn't come by reference, 9 times out of 10 they want to impress the people around and don't give a damn about my time. Hope it works out, but I'm keeping my face off the book.

#6 ·
I have a FB page but as of now I have kept my business off there. I have mixed feelings about trying FB for my business.

The main reason is that as far as posting pictures of my work I think that my customers would not like to know that their homes would be shown on FB.
The other reason is that I also think there would be too many tire kickers. That is why I don't do Yellow Pages etc.

Having said that, talking with a friend who is also a local small business owner, he said 20% of his business comes from FB. Wow!

Very interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.