Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about starting a "Trash Out" Business here in Northern California but was wondering if I need a Contractors license?

If I do then I might just offer a Lawn care service rather than
going through the trouble of getting a contractors license.
anyone here have success with a lawn care business that wont mind share some light on me?

Thanks in advance

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
Lawn care business in California? You better speak Spanish and have a steady stream of illegals. 10% of the vehicles I see on the road are a beat down 20 year old truck with a lawn mower in the back doing lawn care.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think your best bet is to use the magic eight ball. It seems to have all the answers to these kind of questions.

http : // www .codeodor.com/images/magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good .jpg

I don't have enough posts to post images but remove the spaces in link to view it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....okay I guess this is the wrong forum then. I didn't know this forum was filled with Jackasses who have nothing better to do but leave
retarded comments.

thanks anyways

·
Registered
102 Posts
....okay I guess this is the wrong forum then. I didn't know this forum was filled with Jackasses who have nothing better to do but leave
retarded comments.

thanks anyways
It's the other way around.

It's retarded people who leave jackass comments.

Google is your friend, use it. Also, use the site search feature, there is a member here who is a retired California license board member who would be the one to answer your question. Sorry can't post the link to the thread don't have enough posts yet.

·
General Contractor
149 Posts
I suppose it depends on who you are cleaning up after. There is in fact a specialty license under the C61 classification for construction clean-up:

D63 - Construction Clean-up Contractor

California Code of Regulations
Division 8, Title 16, Article 3. Classification

A construction cleanup contractor cleans up and/or removes from building grounds or structures any debris resultant from any construction project including but not limited to: concrete, dirt, scrap lumber, plaster, drywall, any paint or adhesive products from windows, floors, ceramic tile and bathroom fixtures.
If I was using you on a job, I'd require that you be licensed and insured and have me listed as an additional insured on your CGL policy (you're working around the same general hazards as any other tradesman, so I want some indemnification).

Do I think sweeping up is rocket science? Of course not, but I also don't want my worker's comp policy exposed or my own ass in a sling if you or your guys get injured on my job site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts