Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on upgrading from 185 to 450. Just curious if I still used a #5 somtimes would it behave any differently. And will going up to a #7 or #8 be like night and day in performance from the #5 I currently use. I have never actualy seen the difference first hand. I hope this thing won't suck fuel down twice as fast without a comperable increase in productivity.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Going from a #5 to a #7 or #8 will be night a day difference. It will suck more fuel, but you will cover a lot more ground.

·
Glen
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Benny I assumed it would be your response.

Blastserve I bought my airman on my own new. I will keep it for now. I would want time to see how I like the larger one and who knows if it is much louder or too fuel inificient I may keep it for larger mobile work where I could benifit from the extra speed. No trade in. The one I am looking at is used from a rental place. New they are about $25,000 to $30,000. They are asking $8,500. About 4000 hours on it but they service their equipment regularly they say.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Plazaman, I have to say your wrong sir. A 185 will not support a #6, #7, or a #8. Even with a #5 you would see increased PSI at the nozzle over what the 185 would deliver. I know air. Been working with air systems for a long time. 185's are for running jack hammers.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Plazaman, I have to say your wrong sir. A 185 will not support a #6, #7, or a #8. Even with a #5 you would see increased PSI at the nozzle over what the 185 would deliver. I know air. Been working with air systems for a long time. 185's are for running jack hammers.
Benny, maybe i didnt phrase it correctly. I do understand a 6,7,8 nozzle will not work with a 185, not enough air. He wanted to know if the 5 would be have any different. Same amount of CFM, but higher PSI with a 5

Correct me if i am wrong..

·
Banned
574 Posts
panderson2414

If any of you ever get the chance to run an oversized compressor on a small stick DO IT, Its kind of fun, that old nozzle you have been using comes to life. The extra pressure is a rush its like holding a coiled snake in your hands. I pushed my 375 XP to 150 psi with a five. It was wild, you could not run it all day it would wear a guy out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts