Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in using them over my current payroll company
and was interested in some feedback.+ or -.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
10,671 Posts
We have used paychex for 4+ years now. I love their system except for the fact that they don't handle our 401k and therefore won't handle the transaction. Seems they offer their own 401k and fully promote it by not working with others. The other thing is their fees seem to escalate gradually, methodically, and constantly.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dave,
Yea, I already got a quote.
Let's hope it pans out.
It's about 7% less than I was paying before.
Mike

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Their online solution is great for small businesses

Absolutely no complaints, and anything that goes wrong (questions for me) were always immedaitely addressed. Brian

·
Workin' Hard & Havin' Fun
1,763 Posts
Was with Paychex for 3-4 years, then switched to Priority Pay which was great at the start (strong service, 25% of the Paychex price)... but they appeared to have gone under, and sold out to ADP.

ADP so far has been good to work with, but we will be reviewing our options for next year- not sure on which direction we will go.. may even consider using QuickBooks.

HTH,
~Matt

·
Designer/Contractor
5,305 Posts
We used ADP and it worked fine but where we are it was bought out by Intuit which we allowed to take over and they were okay also but the prices did seem to keep increasing. We finally did some shopping and started using a local bookkeeping and payroll service company which has worked out great and has been quite a bit less expensive. It's also nice to support a local business rather than a national company, just confirm that they are competent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just signed up for SunTrust's online payroll. They were recommended to us by a friend who has been happy with them. The price was right and they have been easy to work with during the set-up process.

Our first payroll with them will run next week, so a bit early to tell if we will be fully satisfied, but so far, so good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts