Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, we have a DIY site called DIYChatroom.com. This site is in place to help homeowners with home improvement questions and to help keep ContractorTalk.com dedicated to professional contractors. DIYChatroom.com has been growing a lot lately and its about to get a major overhaul.
Next week DIYChatroom.com will be closed down and a new site www.DIYRepair.com will open up in its place. The new site will have the same forum from DIYChatroom.com so you won't loose your account or posts, but the new site is going to focus on both DIY Guides and Forums.

I need your help! :Thumbs:

We want www.DIYRepair.com have hundreds of articles helping homeowners find the answers to many frequently asked questions. I'm hoping that many of you can submit some helpful articles for them.

These guides need to provide basic steps for homeowners to complete home improvement tasks.
Example:
How to hang wallpaper
How to Install laminate flooring
How to build a deck

Home Maintenance Tips
etc...

These guides are not for advertising any certain product over another or for telling a homeowner they should hire a contractor to do this task instead of doing it themselves.

If you choose to write a guide it will be read for quality and used only if it’s clear and accurate. (Some editing may be done as well)

If you do decide to write an article you may add a short paragraph to the end of the guide telling people who you are, where you are located, your company name, as well as a website or phone number where they can reach you.

Let me know if any of you are interested. I would love to to see some of your knowledge over there!

THANKS!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Text only or would you like some pictures?

Don

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Your windows may be failing!

Does it feel cold when you go near your windows? Do you see your draperies swaying in the wind when the windows are closed? Are your windows hard to open? Do you see condensation on your windows or ice in the winter time?

If you answer yes to any of these questions, your windows are failing.

Old windows, especially single pane windows, have little if no insulation value. IN the winter heat passes right throught he windows, that's why it feels cold near your windows! New thermaly insulated windows can prevent this from happening.

If you notice your draperies swaping, or feel a draft coming from your windows chance are your tracks no longer align, or your building has naturally settled causing breaks in the seal where the window meets the house framing. Both problems are incredibly difficult without replacing the window, but are easily fixed by replacing your windows.

Are your windows hard to open? WIndows can sometimes slip off their tracks and become difficult or impossible to open. Other times improper installation can cause uneven pressure on the window frames making the window frames tight and crooked.

While condensation is a natural occurence when hot and cold meet, you don't want to see this on your windows. When that ice melts you can expect puddles to form on your wood work around the windows. This can cause extreme damage to your wood or carpeting. Insulated, dual pane windows can drastically decrease the condensation from forming.

Written on February 1, 2005 by Thomas Kral, the founder of Reliable American, Inc. www.ReliableAmerican.us

Contact Thomas for your free estimate or for further information.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don Benham said:
Text only or would you like some pictures?

Don
Either or. If you got pictures thats even better!

Feel free to PM or Email me the articles. :Thumbs:

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts