Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stone Guy
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an engine manual for this?

My machine has been sitting for months now, and next week it's going to need to do some work for me. We have over a foot of snow and ice on the ground and it's due for an oil change and other routine service--and it will be running in below freezing weather, so I'd like to do some service rather than abuse it.

In warmer times I tried--and failed to figure out how to change the oil on the thing--and right now, I don't feel like sitting knee-deep in snow and spending hours trying to find the stupid nut. Maybe I'm the stupid nut here. whatever.

Any help fellas? A manual, or a hint--or just laugh at me, it's cool.

·
Stone Guy
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Look if you must :laughing: but if you look at the service section on page 58 it shows the drain location at the fill tube so you'll need to suck it out, no draining from below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Ditch Witch sk350 and have changed the oil myself several times. You DO NOT have to suck the oil out of the input hole, there is a drain plug. Its in a very awkward place and is annoying to get to. I've since bought a couple universal swivel sockets and adapters specifically for this which make the job actually quite easy.

1) Make sure the arms are up, and put the safety bar in there so they can't drop down on you.

2) Unbolt the little side panel on the left side of the machine (if standing on operating platform facing forward) near the front. 4 bolts, and a metal panel comes off giving access to the engine from the side.

3) Unbolt the front panel. Similar to step 2, but on the front of the machine.

4) Oil drain plug is on the left side of the engine (if standing on operating platform). Its very close to the bottom and approximately at the middle. There is a hole in the bottom metal plate of the machine for the oil to drain out of, but it always makes a mess in there which shop towels do wonders for.

5) Oil filter is near the drain plug, but a little higher and closer to the front of the machine. I found it very useful to remove the oil filer before the oil plug just to give you space to turn a wrench in there.

Hope that helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts