Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any polite way to ask the lady of the house to put on more clothes while your working and she is a young, blonde, friendly, sexy, law student with a German accent? It's very distracting. Just in case they call again. ;)

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I say,'Enjoy the view'. Beats seeing plumbers crack.

One of the best parts of my window treatment business is that I get to deal with good smelling women. I also work in climate control most of the time.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
No, I don't think there is any polite way to ask that. I'm not just kidding because I'm a pervert that thinks you should be able to look at half-dressed women while you're working. I agree that it is very distracting, especially if the woman is the type that you would normally be attracted to.

In my career, this has only been an issue 2 or 3 times, maybe. For those times, I just muddle through... distracted or not. It is such a rare occurance, I don't make an issue out of it, because the chances are 50/50 you'll offend the misses. If I worked in a hotter climate like Florida, this might occur more often and I might have to deal with it some other way besides ignoring it. I did have a woman remind me several times while I was working that her husband didn't satisfy her anymore and he kids don't get off the bus until 3:30. This gave me the willies and I couldn't get out of there fast enough. She called back for more work a few months later, so I sent a different guy (old and butt ugly).

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Rob 53 said:
Any polite way to ask the lady of the house to put on more clothes while your working and she is a young, blonde, friendly, sexy, law student with a German accent? It's very distracting. Just in case they call again. ;)
Funny you should ask, - - I was thinkin' more on the line of how to 'politely' ask her to take more off. :cheesygri

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
md, having worked and partied most of my life in So FL, scantily clad women have been a fact of life. It was tantilizing in my youth but now I'm picky, It takes Playboy caliber women to turn my head. Good thing that ol'#2's not too shabby either.

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
md, having worked and partied most of my life in So FL, scantily clad women have been a fact of life.
I was sort of thinking along those lines. It would be so common, that it wouldn't really be a distraction.

Bring you to my area, and you might gawk and stare at an Amish family passing by in a buggy like they were from Mars. I don't give them a second look.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The Amish are also in NC. Other than causing road blocks, they're OK.

Funny thing is seeing carriages with modern 'slow vehicle' signs on the back.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
I'm sure Bob will volunteer to finish that job for you...

·
DGR,IABD
9,683 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
The Amish are also in NC. Other than causing road blocks, they're OK.

Funny thing is seeing carriages with modern 'slow vehicle' signs on the back.
Here they also have side view mirrors, headlight, tail lights, and turn signals (all battery operated, of course). It is a little odd seeing all that stuff on a buggy. If you've ever seen a car vs. buggy crash, it ain't pretty. People or horses or both usually die.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Rob 53 said:
You can use this wether you're by the hour or a fixed price:

"Excuse me ma'am. It's gonna' cost me [you] twice as much to do this work if I have to work with a hard-on all day. Would you mind terribly putting on something less revealing." :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
In high-end homes with enclosed pools, women getting all-over tans is not unusual.

Does anybody realize that we are considered one of the most conservetive nations on the planet? I was on a train in Finland and a couple went into the bathroom for sex and despite the obvious noise, nobody blinked.

Commercials for soap show naked people in the bathtub. Real life. We need to get over this.

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Rob 53 said:
Just start walking around in your underwear,maybe she'll get it :Thumbs:

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bad, dude. I'm not the pool boy.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[
QUOTE=Tom R]Funny you should ask, - - I was thinkin' more on the line of how to 'politely' ask her to take more off. :cheesygri[/QUOTE
]

Tom, I've been locked on to 277 volt but I think the German girl would kill me.That would be too much of paperwork.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rob 53 said:
I wonder what difference does it make, for if she did put on more clothes, your imagination would take them off anyhow. :no: Mine would.

A sexy woman isn't less sexier with more clothes -which precisely is what clothes are for..

Unless she seductively danced and smiled at you everytime you 'reluctantly' looked at her.. -now that is a situation! :smile:

Seriously speaking (if you're serious), it's nearly impossible to tell men's eyes when and where to look -for around attractive women they seem to have a mind on their own.. Yet it'd be nearly possible to control them if one tells them where and when to look beforehand -for example, before going in her home, says: "don't look at her from the neck down..etc." It works for me sometimes.

There's a always a distance between working men and the customers -through this distance one can easily turn any emotional or physical attractions, be it one-way or mutual, into respect and respectful relation, or oblivion.. The last thing one'd want to do is to quickly leave smokes in their driveways..

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Rob 53 said:
Did a hammer drop on your head or something?:thumbdown

1 - 20 of 22 Posts