Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Ancient Rocker
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am flabbergasted by the "moderators" who closed a thread because they deemed the questions to be categorized as DIY. If a homebuilder asks a legitimate question about foam board and it's effectiveness with drywall, how does that qualify as a DIY? Why would this be relegated to a different site with amateurs and homeowners? I think this is offensive,rude,condescending, and beyond disrespectful. Trying to censor a site like this is unbelievably arrogant. His questions were thoughtful and intelligent unlike your juvenile response. I understand you can do what you want, but you are 100% wrong and I am sure this will never get posted if you are now censoring "objectionable" dialogue. Shame on you.:censored::furious:

·
4,617 Posts
Sorry you feel that way, but I have read the man's posts and his experience doesn't seems to be equal to what one would expect.

If you feel that a general discussion on this subject is good, then why not post the subject up?

As moderators, we do our best to keep the site in line with the goals of the administrator. If we mess up, it's just humanity rearing it's head. It is going to happen, but we do our best to keep it from happening. Next time, you might try sending a PM to the moderator and question him in private. I feel this would have been the 'polite' thing to do, but, you be the judge.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
The simple answer is this is a site for professional contractors to discuss business not for HO's to pick our brains.

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts
Ancient,

Look at the guys past posts. There's nothing to suggest he's a contractor.
Home builder. :no:
Home owner.

Looks to me like the moderator in question did his job.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
Ancient,

Look at the guys past posts. There's nothing to suggest he's a contractor.
Home builder. :no:
Home owner.

Looks to me like the moderator in question did his job.
:no:

That looks weired.

Reactions: stp57

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
So does my avatar! I use it as a distraction so no one figures out I have no idea what I'm talking about :laughing:

Your doing a fine job without the avatar!:clap:

Just kidding.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Ancient,

I worked hard and lost money on more than one occasion for the knowledge that I have EARNED. I'll be go to hell if I am going to give it away to someone that doesn't need it and to boot I don't know. I help people all the time with knowledge when they NEED it. Only I will be the judge of how bad they need it.

·
Ancient Rocker
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, insulting and rude

Posting a thread titled "disrespectful and rude" is just as disrespectful and rude. Send a PM next time.
How does secrecy make this valid? We need to talk "privately" so we don't embarrass the "moderators"? The man asked a legitimate question that 99% of this forum knows nothing about. and he is chastised by you and sent to his room and grounded. I have never read any of his other posts and that is irrelevant to this one. I thought the purpose for threads was to exchange ideas and information to help every one. And who in the world is going to know one iota about his question on DIY? You are entirely off base and trying to send a "private message" serves no purpose to any one for any reason. Do you think if we had this exchange in "private" your lame excuses would be more convincing? This poster must be a pariah or a criminal to be treated like an outcast even if his thread is better than 90% of the others posted by "professionals". :censored::censored::censored:

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
How does secrecy make this valid? We need to talk "privately" so we don't embarrass the "moderators"? The man asked a legitimate question that 99% of this forum knows nothing about. and he is chastised by you and sent to his room and grounded. I have never read any of his other posts and that is irrelevant to this one. I thought the purpose for threads was to exchange ideas and information to help every one. And who in the world is going to know one iota about his question on DIY? You are entirely off base and trying to send a "private message" serves no purpose to any one for any reason. Do you think if we had this exchange in "private" your lame excuses would be more convincing? This poster must be a pariah or a criminal to be treated like an outcast even if his thread is better than 90% of the others posted by "professionals". :censored::censored::censored:
Not understanding why you dont get it, let me try another approach, this forum is called "Contractor Talk" NOT

"I am a homeowner trying to save money building my own home talk"

We have a site for them, it is the DIY site, and many of the members here contribute there time and offer advice over there. Our job, as moderators is to keep order, and to keep this site strictly for contractors. GMOD

1 - 20 of 60 Posts