Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We haven't ran into this before, but has anybody ever had a job where the concrete turns a patchy yellow? [see attached image]

I attached a picture that the customer sent me. It has been a few months since we completed this and the discoloring hasn't faded.

The job was outside of our normal area and used a concrete supplied that we normally do not use.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

Thanks,
-Don

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
Contaminants in the rock, sand, water, truck or any combination of the above.

Or maybe a kid peed on it...:laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The homeowner was OCD and paid for additional base, so we had plenty of clean compacted 21AA for the base.

The job was around 25 yards of concrete and the staining is fairly consistent throughout.

They are not on well water either.

Would a hot load of concrete yellow like this?

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
5,014 Posts
Did you cover it with plastic?

It sometimes comes out looking like it has leprosy, but not necessarily yellow. :blink:

It's Masonry, not Masonary, by the way. :no: :blink:

·
GC/carpenter
40,969 Posts
The homeowner was OCD and paid for additional base, so we had plenty of clean compacted 21AA for the base.

The job was around 25 yards of concrete and the staining is fairly consistent throughout.

They are not on well water either.

Would a hot load of concrete yellow like this?

Your trip ticket should give the time the truck was filled. The time it was delivered you should know.

Mike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very true about the trip ticket. It took a little over an hour for the concrete to arrive an another 90 minutes to cart the concrete to the yard.

I've heard of hot loads turning yellow like this, I have never experienced it yet. Thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts