Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm not too familiar with Direct TV connections but this is what I had to work with. My connection worked but I wanted to know why there were 4 cable wires run from the satellite to this splitter. Each one of the "line side" termination points had a voltage rating attached to it, like 3v, 5v, 8v, 13v, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's no power to it? It's just a splitter? That's weird. Those direct TV installers are a mess anyways. I had it installed 2 years ago for the NFL ticket and what a mess he made with the wiring. punk kid!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The Zinwell WB68 is a very popular multi-switch and good. It does not require power to it as it gets its power through the coax from the reciever.

And you must have a triple LNB since you have 4 wires hooked up.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I was a bit confused why there were 4 wires. The LNB must mean the three heads instead of the single head like we have for our tailgate parties. Good to know that Zinwell is a good brand name to get in case I run into an install at some point. I ran an RG-6 from this splitter to the television and the picture looks great. Another happy customer :thumbsup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
When I prewire for a satellite system I always run 4 runs of RG6 to the dish and 2 runs of RG6 to each drop (incase client wants a PVR in the future). Quad to reduce leakage if its a long run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts