Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I recently got myself an iPad Pro for the business to replace a older macbook. So far it has out performed the macbook by a long shot.
Sitting here tonight typing up a contact for a deck and I have been wondering about having customers digital sign my contract to keep me from having filing box’s filled with signed contracts. I would still print a copy for them so that they have a hard copy to keep.

Thought??

·
Registered
12,567 Posts
Have them sign on the iPad, send them a copy to print if they want a hard copy.

We do everything digital now, customer gets a copy to print if they want a hard copy.

Tom

·
Registered
624 Posts
I went with Hellosign, it’s a digital signature company. All my clients have loved it. You can sign in person or send them an email. When it’s completed they get an email of the signed document in a pdf.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I work for a very large property management company. Huge. We use Docusign. I have no idea what or if there are fees involved. It creates a digital encrypted signature and date stamp on a pdf. When you set up the document, you can have many signers, and you can set the order they need to be signed. Easy to use.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,639 Posts
I've thought of doing e-contracts before but steered away from it. Because of all the laws here in Pa with the home improvement act things like explanations, fine print, copies to be provided etc... and other lingo gave me second thoughts. I'd rather do all of them in person with printed copies for all parties. Everyone signs all copies and gets a copy. I also have certain parts of contract like the project address and other things that are hand written into the paperwork showing that things other than just signatures were inked in by hand and that there was a physical meeting with all explanations. Really, I think we all should keep doing this... think of the next generation coming up that can not hand write and we get to watch them try to attempt their own signature :LOL:o_O

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nothing wrong with that approach. Two comments: there is a discussion here about getting a hoa to approve the permit. What if the signee for the hoa is in another city or state? Also, some cities have recently, due to covid, moved to digital only submittal, no one is allowed to enter the permit office.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I downloaded DocuSign and Adobe fill &sign.
DocuSign seemed simpler so I gave it a try at this week.
It worked really well. I liked that I could pre select where they needed to sign and initial.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've used Docusign when I was a sub to a big GC. This isn't necessarily the same as what the OP is asking. From a sub standpoint, it worked fine. The PM for the GC didn't like it. He said they were still running 3 or 4 other software programs (Timberline for accounting, ProCore for management, MS Word for contracts). He said they didn't play well together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts