Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Contractor
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between Quest 'Signature' and Grand Sierra? They are the same thickness, same nail hem-only difference I can see from literature is the GS has a smooth panel optional and longer lengths (few other color differences).

Is the texture of both products the same or very close? Does anyone have cost info? The Quest is running me $80/SQ with premium color around $128/SQ.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
yes, And I believe the issue is its a regional thing, some distributors have always sold grand sierra and some just went for quest. Around here no one stocks grand sierra.

·
Contractor
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no one stocks Quest around here...surely a regional thing. Quest doesn't currently have any super lengths (25'), only long lengths-are you indicating they'll begin? Do you know of anyone making long lengths in premium colors-specifically wood tone colors?

I use to have a rep before they scaled back most of the outside salesman over a year ago, now I don't get the inside scoop on manufacturer news.

·
Siding Windows Doors
378 Posts
Grand Siera .046 was the Alcoa brand and Quest .044 was the Mastic brand when Alcoa owned the brands. Now Ply Gem, who bought these brands 4 years ago chose not to buy the Alcoa name. Now we have both brands using the Ply Gem name instead of the Alcoa name. Mastic had different colors than Alcoa and still does. There isnt much difference between the two now days.

·
Banned
337 Posts
I was told by my supplier that Quest is .046 and available in 25' panels. Haven't got my hands on any yet though. Sold a job of it so I will see soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts