Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
the short version is that the properties of ChlorinatedPVC make it more suitable than PVC for certain applications - most notably potable hot water plumbing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
eidaj said:
Can someone tell me the differences between cpvc and pvc?
CPVC will flow up to 200 degrees F through it, what are you using it for? What sort of differences are you specifically interested in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ted Glenney said:
CPVC will flow up to 200 degrees F through it, what are you using it for? What sort of differences are you specifically interested in?
It's being installed in my new home and I was just curious, thanks for all the info

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well it's great to have it, but unless you just have a bunch of money to burn I'm not sure why you would put it in. But to each his own, I'm sure you and your plumber will both be happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ted Glenney said:
Well it's great to have it, but unless you just have a bunch of money to burn I'm not sure why you would put it in. But to each his own, I'm sure you and your plumber will both be happy.
I didn't realize it was more expensive, guess I lucked out. CPVC was standard and free but copper was a 2500 upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am told to use cpvc for intake and exhaust for a Locnivar Domestic water heater. Is there a distinct advantage for using one over the other?

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
I didn't realize it was more expensive, guess I lucked out. CPVC was standard and free but copper was a 2500 upgrade.

He was referring to the fact that CPVC systems have a higher failure rate than other alternatives, therefore money to burn to replace it.

·
General Contractor
7,987 Posts
The OP is a HO, he has no clue what anyone is saying other then being happy that he don't have to pay extra for the copper, and to make sure after he takes a shower his skin will not turn different color.:whistling:no:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts