Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Contractor
7,313 Posts
I've seen worse.

looks like they were in a hurry to go home and broomed it too soon.
Those joints can be cleaned up with a radius cutter on a walkbehind saw.

The color should even out as the concrete cures.

·
Registered
596 Posts
No. The only part that would concern me would be the cosmetics of the section at the front porch. Everything else looks good.

Might have done a little better job with the straightness of the joint going up to the garage door, but that is cosmetic, not structural.

·
Design Build
6,068 Posts
So you post online asking did you get screwed?

So what happens if half the people say yes and half the people say no? What is your actual reason for posting? Are you looking to sue these people and you just want to have some kind of other objective comments to the photographs you’ve posted?

Did you pay them fully?
Did you go with the cheapest bid?
Did you look at their work before you hired them (from another job(s))?
did you screw up and hire the wrong contractor because money was the driving factor for getting the job done in your mind?

You pay for what you get.
maybe these guys were cheapest because they aren’t as experienced as more expensive guys. Who knows?

You know.

Fast
Cheap
Good

Pick 2

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you post online asking did you get screwed?

So what happens if half the people say yes and half the people say no? What is your actual reason for posting? Are you looking to sue these people and you just want to have some kind of other objective comments to the photographs you’ve posted?

Did you pay them fully?
No...havent paid yet, owner and salesman coming to take a look. I was a tilesetter and owned a tile company for 25 years...I know its a hack job. I just am so pissed and embarrassed I wanted to see what others thought. Ill go get more pictures,,,,as its flawed everywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No...havent paid yet, owner and salesman coming to take a look. I was a tilesetter and owned a tile company for 25 years...I know its a hack job. I just am so pissed and embarrassed I wanted to see what others thought. Ill go get more pictures,,,,as its flawed everywhere.
It wasn't money...bids were all close....I drive a 2020 Hellcat redeye widebody....so its not a money issue.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.