Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you were using dialers as a marketing tool before the National Do Not Call list?

Are you still using them, and if not what have you replaced them with? What marketing tool have you put in place to make up for those lost leads?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I hate telemarketers so I refuse to use telemarketing EXCEPT for business accounts. I approach business customers as partnerships. What dialer do I use, dialer.exe foudn in windows. Merge a customer list with your dialer and your up and running. I typically telemarket in the winter months. I target residential builders and property managers.

I don't ask people to do things I don't do, and typically I don't do things to people I wouldn't want done to me. This includes bothering someone during dinner to sell them a new roof.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grumpy said:
I don't ask people to do things I don't do, and typically I don't do things to people I wouldn't want done to me. This includes bothering someone during dinner to sell them a new roof.
Believe me, I would have a hard time using one as well.
The ones I'm talking about don't call people during dinner, they call people while they are at work and leave messages on their answering machine.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Nathan if you are talking about those auto dialers that play back a recorded message when soemone answers... I know a mortgage broker who does that.

His whole setup cost him $5000. He overpaid but it paid for it's self in the first month. He fired his telemarketer and let the computer rip all day. If someone was interested they would press 3 and the call would be forwarded to his cell phone. He had 4 phone lines active at all times run by this one program.

U

·
0 Posts
A second weapon

Nathan said:
How many of you were using dialers as a marketing tool before the National Do Not Call list?

Are you still using them, and if not what have you replaced them with? What marketing tool have you put in place to make up for those lost leads?
A new weapon has been discovered by the peasants. They just keep the telemarketer on the line for a while, invoke the Do Not Call list, and then tell the telemarketer they will waste the time of ANY telemarketer that EVER calls. One guy claims he did it twice and didn't get a single telemarket call between Jan 2003 and Oct 2003.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I consider telemarketing a pestilence and would never submit any customers to it. If you are good, word gets around and you shouldn't have any problems getting work. I haven't done any advertising in 3 yrs., am booked through next year and pick and choose my jobs.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've never done it either... but I know when my friend turns his on he's booked for 6 months straight after about 1 week of calls. And after he paid for the dialer there are no other expenses.

I would never use one either but you can't argue with the results.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
HMmm now that you said that Nathan, you've got me thinking :)

J/K I kinda hate the telemarketers... plus with all this new legality of the do not call list it can become expensive to fight in court. End up working to pay your lawyer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts