11,706 Posts
What did you burn it on?
Have you found out how many 16d's
it will cut before you lose teeth?

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made one cut with it in my little Fuego one handed recip saw through a two by on edge. I was pushing really REALLY hard to try and bog down the motor. The saw only has a 3/4" stroke and with all the pushing I am sure I heated that section of the blade...alot.....the paint burned off, the teeth are still sharp as hell.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I think it's odd I can't find any
recipro blades on Freud's site???

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Those blades look sweet! I saw them the other day, once I start running low on blades I'm deffinetly gonna pick some up:thumbup:

Dave

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,288 Posts
I made one cut with it in my little Fuego one handed recip saw through a two by on edge. I was pushing really REALLY hard to try and bog down the motor. The saw only has a 3/4" stroke and with all the pushing I am sure I heated that section of the blade...alot.....the paint burned off, the teeth are still sharp as hell.
Okay, based on your fervor I grabbed a couple today. If they're not great, I'll send you the bill. :laughing:

But I actually don't expect to have a use for them right away. Just for the edification of the masses, how would you rate the cutting speed/efficiency compared to other blades? Pretty similar? IOW, is there any reason to buy them other than that they'll probably last longer?

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Every blade I have used is rubbish after 3 cuts...I finally realized that the first 12 inches of cutting is great then they tend to plateau...Now I run em until they snap.

All I have are Lennox and Hilti, but I do like other blades Freud makes I'l give em a go next time I see em.:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,703 Posts
These remind me of the lennox gold blades that came out about three years ago. I bought a few, and they were the most impressive "looking" blade that I have ever see. Titanium coated teeth, nice and thick, and felt sharp to the touch. Problem was, because of the thickness, they cut incredibly slow. Probably half the speed at best. I never did break one, but after cutting at half speed for a while, I would usually switch it out for a different blade. The best sawzall blade I have ever used, was one that came in a Hitachi cordless combo kit. We used that one blade for about 4 weeks. Every day, cut wood, cut nails, whatever. The paint wore off and I couldn't read the numbers, but I would pay big bucks for that blade again. I think it was just a promo blade that came with the kit. It was labeled Hitachi, but I have searched in vain trying various Hitachi blades to no avail.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Problem was, because of the thickness, they cut incredibly slow.
Warren thats the problem I have with Milwaukee Demo blades, they are slow cutters and I have to file the tang down to get it to fit inside my old dewalt sawzall.

For demo I use these, thick enough to resist bending but thin enough to cut at a decent rate. I sometime use them only on metal and its hard to loose a tooth.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Warren thats the problem I have with Milwaukee Demo blades, they are slow cutters and I have to file the tang down to get it to fit inside my old dewalt sawzall.

For demo I use these, thick enough to resist bending but thin enough to cut at a decent rate. I sometime use them only on metal and its hard to loose a tooth.

I've been having good success with dewalt "fire/rescue blades"

If only we had these when I was a volunteer fireman.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Never liked Freud blades. I don't know what it is about them. I needed a 12" blade for my SCMS the other day, had to go get one. The blade wanders, just like all my previous experiments with Freud.

I don't use sawzalls much at all, so I will stick to the Milwaukee's for now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts