Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So I bought the new 20v max 4ah impact drill combo on Monday. It's great, drills and drives even better than I expected ( came from nicad dewalts)

So today I started going over the tools. First thing that bugged me was they installed a bit holder to the drill but not the impact... No big deal - switch them and back to work.

Them I go to add some bits and tips to the drill bag...

Measuring instrument

The dewalt bit boxes don't even fit in the bag that the drill came with... Tried to put it inside the bag- it won't fit with the charger. It seems so simple but it's almost like they did it on purpose. "Let's make it frustratingly small just so they have to buy a new box/bag." Why they don't sell they're higher level tools in a tstak is beyond me.

Dewalt is always late to the party!

It just grinds my gears.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Hey guys!

So I bought the new 20v max 4ah impact drill combo on Monday. It's great, drills and drives even better than I expected ( came from nicad dewalts)

So today I started going over the tools. First thing that bugged me was they installed a bit holder to the drill but not the impact... No big deal - switch them and back to work.

Them I go to add some bits and tips to the drill bag...

View attachment 112666

The dewalt bit boxes don't even fit in the bag that the drill came with... Tried to put it inside the bag- it won't fit with the charger. It seems so simple but it's almost like they did it on purpose. "Let's make it frustratingly small just so they have to buy a new box/bag." Why they don't sell they're higher level tools in a tstak is beyond me.

Dewalt is always late to the party!

It just grinds my gears.
pull that rivet and stitching out of there, and it'll fit. :blink:

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
One of the many reasons I got rid of those bags...They're very poorly thought out. Same with the plastic hard cases I found. It's rather silly that they don't incorporate their standard bit kits or drill cases in their storage...oh well...

I like using a tough system container for tools that are sometimes outside, and systainers for tools that live/work inside.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Nepean GC said:
One of the many reasons I got rid of those bags...They're very poorly thought out. Same with the plastic hard cases I found. It's rather silly that they don't incorporate their standard bit kits or drill cases in their storage...oh well... I like using a tough system container for tools that are sometimes outside, and systainers for tools that live/work inside.
The tough boxes are the only thing dewalt has done right.

·
Tall Moose
109 Posts
Tough boxes are awesome. waterproof and sturdy. I stand on mine all the time instead of dragging a step stool around.

Only drawback is that the boxes are fairly heavy when empty (for an empty box), so in the large size, they are extremely heavy when full of tools.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nepean GC said:
Tough boxes are awesome. waterproof and sturdy. I stand on mine all the time instead of dragging a step stool around. Only drawback is that the boxes are fairly heavy when empty (for an empty box), so in the large size, they are extremely heavy when full of tools.
Anyone in the Philadelphia area know a store that sells these boxes?

I wanna check them out!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jproffer said:
TRMolnar, Unless you're stuck to buying local, Amazon has tough boxes.
Amazon is awesome- I make most of my purchase from acme or tool barn through them. It's is dangerous though... Just had a trial of prime - free two day shipping, need I say more? Lol

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
Very dangerous. I've never put my CC info in there. I use gift cards that I have to travel 15 miles (next town, in a different state) to get...so that pretty much cuts down those impulse buys :)

Now sometimes I have a GC balance remaining after one buying spree...but that money's already spent anyway so WTH

I did buy several tough boxes from there though. Looked at the cart, and if what they claim is "retail" is correct, their price is WAY better. In fact, on the boxes too, if retail is what they say it is, they do way better than that.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Very dangerous. I've never put my CC info in there. I use gift cards that I have to travel 15 miles (next town, in a different state) to get...so that pretty much cuts down those impulse buys :)

Now sometimes I have a GC balance remaining after one buying spree...but that money's already spent anyway so WTH

I did buy several tough boxes from there though. Looked at the cart, and if what they claim is "retail" is correct, their price is WAY better. In fact, on the boxes too, if retail is what they say it is, they do way better than that.
I've bought a bunch of tstak boxes and find that factoryauthorizedoutlet.com is way better priced than Amazon, don't know how they are on the tough box line.

Cpooutles.com sometimes has good pricing too, I usually look at all 3 to pick the best for each component.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
I've bought a bunch of tstak boxes and find that factoryauthorizedoutlet.com is way better priced than Amazon, don't know how they are on the tough box line.

Cpooutles.com sometimes has good pricing too, I usually look at all 3 to pick the best for each component.
Thanks Robert :)

FAO looks like a cool site.

They seem to be about the same as amazon on tough boxes. I didn't compare penny for penny, but I think it's close. Right now the medium sized one (which they call large :rolleyes: ....there's small, large, and extra large for whatever reason...discontinued medium?...I dunno) is on sale right now for $46 I think it said, which is probably better than Amazon.

The other site didn't work. I tried taking out one of the "o"s...cpoutlets. That started to load but it wouldn't finish up.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
FAO looks like a cool site.

They seem to be about the same as amazon on tough boxes. I didn't compare penny for penny, but I think it's close. Right now the medium sized one (which they call large :rolleyes: ....there's small, large, and extra large for whatever reason...discontinued medium...I dunno) is on sale right now for $46 I think it said, which is probably better than Amazon.

The other site didn't work. I tried taking out one of the "o"s...cpoutlets. That started to load but it wouldn't finish up.
That's odd https://www.cpooutlets.com works for me.

Right now dewalt is doing $20 off $100+ purchases on most things. I was getting ready to order close to $300 worth of tstaks so I'm going to split them up into 3 $100 orders to save $60.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
That one worked. Don't think they have tough boxes though.

20% off is a good deal. Shame they don't just make it 20% instead of 20 for 100+...would save people splitting up into multiple orders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts