Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was playing with it last week at a show,, it was locating all kinds of things through the floor,, but how do I know for sure that stuff was down there

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the team that designed it was forced to ship it because the scanner was supposed to ship early this year. They had this huge contest and a bunch of promotion and marketing, and it wasn't seen till October. Then it got a ton of horrible reviews Tool Box Buzz listed it as a tool of the year. http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/feature-story/2013-toolboxbuzz-tool-awards/ I think it makes you look shady as hell and embarrasing calling a discontinued tool as one of your tools of the year.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I think the team that designed it was forced to ship it because the scanner was supposed to ship early this year. They had this huge contest and a bunch of promotion and marketing, and it wasn't seen till October. Then it got a ton of horrible reviews Tool Box Buzz listed it as a tool of the year. http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/feature-story/2013-toolboxbuzz-tool-awards/ I think it makes you look shady as hell and embarrasing calling a discontinued tool as one of your tools of the year.
Lol did you see that guys response to the question about why it dont work.

"In all the cases I’m aware of it’s guys not using it properly and not taking the time to learn how to use it as a tool"

:rolleyes:

No you village its a tool that flat out does not work as intended no matter how well you use it. My dealer had one and he was the biggest Dewalt fanboy yet even he said it didnt work. You can run that thing across the same wall 20x and get 20 different results.

·
Registered
37 Posts
He did the the same when some one asked the same question in his Youtube video review of the tool and he said the same BS about people not using the tool correctly. I mean Dewalt has handled the issue well offering refunds on the tool with out any issues, so I will give them that. I just want to know why they released it there are no positive reviews on this tool except for the ToolBoxBuzz review they had to know something was messed up. I have the Milwaukee sub scanner while its not perfect it does a pretty good job.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
He did the the same when some one asked the same question in his Youtube video review of the tool and he said the same BS about people not using the tool correctly. I mean Dewalt has handled the issue well offering refunds on the tool with out any issues, so I will give them that. I just want to know why they released it there are no positive reviews on this tool except for the ToolBoxBuzz review they had to know something was messed up. I have the Milwaukee sub scanner while its not perfect it does a pretty good job.
There will always be people who say somethings good when its not. It dont matter if it's a drill, computer, wall scanner, vehicle etc etc look at the 5 star reviews of the wall scanner on amazon. Some people just aint got a clue.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
simply put.. dewalts r & d department at its finest.. they have the most bare bones r & d of any of the companies.. they dont actually develop tools they reverse engineer everyone elses stuff to try to figure out how they built it..

this is pretty much the exact words from a local makita rep who use to work for dewalt.. he claims he left because he was sick of them focusing more on marketing than the actual product they were selling

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,325 Posts
I never have any luck with them things anyway, and I never will until they come up with one that can find a stud through lath and plaster. There useless reading through wire mesh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Milwaukee M12 sub scanner does pretty decent. It's not perfect by any means, but it has saved me tons of time and cut out some of the hassle of figuring out what is in the walls. Nothing is ever going to be 100 percent unless they give us a real time image of whats behind it when they have results interpreted by software it's a different story people do some crazy stuff when they build or change things that's not typical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts