Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking online and pricing a new concrete vibrator and came across a dewalt 18 volt cordless pencil vibrator, are these things for real? I can see the battery going dead in 30 seconds, does anyone have or use one of these? I can't see them being worth a dam

Registered
Makita also has a 18v concrete vibrator. They're probably fine for small jobs where you're only pouring a yard or so.

Maybe contractors aren't their real target market?馃槝馃槼

We Put Poles In Holes
I've got one that I would use around my window bucks when pouring ICF's. Worked good for that. I wouldn't want it for vibrating Simmons forms though.

Boondockian
Makita also has a 18v concrete vibrator. They're probably fine for small jobs where you're only pouring a yard or so.

Maybe contractors aren't their real target market?馃槝馃槼
Maybe thats why i keep finding my batteries next to the wife's sie of the bed:jester::jester:

Registered
I've had the Makita for years, it get's used more than I ever expected it would. Extremely handy for steps/risers/finished edges that need to be stripped and finished. The only issue I've had is that the batteries finally wore out. I bought some replacement batts on the web and it works better than ever...........

Registered
Wow, didn't even know that Dewalt even made a concrete vibrator. I knew about the Makita didn't know about Dewalt though. Are you buying it as a kit or bare tool? If your buying this as a kit I would get the Makita you at least get Lithium battery packs with the Dewalt your stuck with nicad unless your invested in the Dewalt 18v lineup and have a bunch of their batteries nicad or lithium.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't believe I will be buying on, not sure it would work of what I do. I was just more less curious if anyone has used em and what they are like.

Registered
We have the old 12v 4' whip makita. Works great. It is not as strong as a corded model but that is good sometimes too. We use it on walls, steps and columns all the time. Just remember that your "circle of influence" with the vibe is not as big.

Super Moderator
Cord aint a big deal to me. Id hate to have batterie issues in the middle of a pour.....

Probably cool for small stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts