Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
carpenter jr
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is wearing them? Im looking at the framers bags with suspenders, more i look the more i wanna reach for my card, any input???

Speed square MUST be on right hand side, hammer on back side.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
well their not actually dewalt.. kunys / clc makes them for dewalt

the suspenders are nice because of the cell phone pocket built in and more comfortable than the normal suspenders, other than that.. your paying extra for the dewalt logo put on the nail bags.. just buy kunys if your not up for buying occis

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
That rig is way too heavy dayumm

About 20 years ago I won a hitachi rig ballistic material still have and love it

Don't really wear it much since my hammer smashed a new oven door in a kitchen I was finishing lol

·
carpenter jr
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If i do cave for the oxys, what model should it be?? Now i dont carry a lot, just the basics,(hammer, tape, knife, chalk box, flat bar, speed square, linesmens bla bla bla)

I do a wide range of things like im sure most contractors do, one day framing, next day roofing, next day trim bla bla bla.

How big are the pouches? I dont mean how much stuff i can fit in them, i mean how wide are they when you wear them.

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
I have the 5191 model, the Pro Carpenter 5 bag leather assembly
http://www.bestbelt.com/product.php?sku=5191&type=

I sometimes wish it had at least one more pocket one the left side, especially when I frame because I like to keep 10d's, 16d's, and 10d stubbies. Since I'm right handed I fish out nails from my left side pouches. Other than that, this belt is easily the most comfortable I've ever used.

If I was strictly doing production trim work, I probably would have gone with the Pro Trimmer, except it doesn't have a slot for your speed square.

This one also looks pretty good for just general construction. It's adjustable if you live in an area with more climate change than FL (where I live).
http://www.bestbelt.com/product.php?cat_ID=26&sku=9550

·
Always Learning
8,584 Posts
Carpenter eyes said:
If i do cave for the oxys, what model should it be?? Now i dont carry a lot, just the basics,(hammer, tape, knife, chalk box, flat bar, speed square, linesmens bla bla bla)

I do a wide range of things like im sure most contractors do, one day framing, next day roofing, next day trim bla bla bla.

How big are the pouches? I dont mean how much stuff i can fit in them, i mean how wide are they when you wear them.
I wear the fat lips. They are big and wide. I don't wear a tool belt for trim work so it's only worn for framing, siding, windows, etc. I love them. They are fairly light when empty. If you are looking for one to use inside for trim as well that isn't as big look at the oxy lights.

·
carpenter jr
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
overanalyze said:
I wear the fat lips. They are big and wide. I don't wear a tool belt for trim work so it's only worn for framing, siding, windows, etc. I love them. They are fairly light when empty. If you are looking for one to use inside for trim as well that isn't as big look at the oxy lights.
I dont wear my bags doin trim. I actually wear that single husky maitence pouch from home depot. Clips right onto my pocket, small enough to not damage anything and big enough to carry just about everything

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
Haha. I know what you mean. When I install cabinets, I take it off. I scratched the crude out of a pantry door on a job with the rear hammer loop! I do wear it for trim though.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
the thing that irks me about those bags brutus posted is how they pockets are padded wtf???? why would they not only add to the weight of the toolbelt but at the same time reduce the amount of space in the pockets by doing so....... good thing kunys put the dewalt name on em.. they sure as hell dont do that on the true kunys bags

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
the thing that irks me about those bags brutus posted is how they pockets are padded wtf???? why would they not only add to the weight of the toolbelt but at the same time reduce the amount of space in the pockets by doing so....... good thing kunys put the dewalt name on em.. they sure as hell dont do that on the true kunys bags

The occi nylons I have are heavily padded, too.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
also lame then. padding is for bra's. and the shoulders of bad 80's suits..

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
they`ve been out that long???? i thought they only came out about 3 or 4 years ago

Reactions: JJNowak
1 - 20 of 30 Posts