Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to derail my own post lol, but I haven't ripped a sheet of anything since the day I bought my track saw. Just use the small table saw for narrow rips like wood flooring

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I hate to derail my own post lol, but I haven't ripped a sheet of anything since the day I bought my track saw. Just use the small table saw for narrow rips like wood flooring
That's why I picked up that mini Dewalt. I plan on picking up a tracksaw in the next few months, so as long as the saw can rip 1x12s, that's all I need.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thank you for posting Artisan! I just went to HD and bought one for $229. I didn't really "need" a new one.....but such a great price break.

Saw this as well....if there are any dewalt cordless fans in the market

Attachments

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
your exactly right about them making room for the new model..

on another crazy deal.. i was in walmart and they had the stanley fatmax 16` and 25` bundle marked down to $10 from $30.. bought 2 of em

·
Registered
322 Posts
I see the previous (original?) price was $369...is that why this is considered to be such a good deal?

Just curious because Amazon has it for $299. Not sure if that's a reduced price as well or if that's they're normal price.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I had to grab one myself. I had a $100 gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so for chipping in only $129, I'm pretty stoked. My 20 year old Makita is still kicking, but has definitely seen better days. I also have a 10" Ridgid portable that I caught for just over $100 that is dedicated to the HOH. This DW will be used for interior trim only.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I had to grab one myself. I had a $100 gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so for chipping in only $129, I'm pretty stoked. My 20 year old Makita is still kicking, but has definitely seen better days. I also have a 10" Ridgid portable that I caught for just over $100 that is dedicated to the HOH. This DW will be used for interior trim only.
The HOH is on going?? You holding out on us?:rolleyes:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
The HOH is on going?? You holding out on us?:rolleyes:
I'm only there a couple days a month. The painter is there several days a week. Many of the cabinets are built and installed and so are the stone tops. The kitchen is still being built. Tile work is complete, but no carpet or wood floors are installed. The cherry staircase is almost complete and ready for finishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
749 Posts
loneframer said:
Stick a Forrest blade stabilizer on it and it will cut phenomenal for a portable. I was amazed myself.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I saw those one sale at HD the other day, and as tempting as the price was, I figured a track saw is more portable...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts