Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
THE GRUNT
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm looking for a new table saw. I'm usually all dewalt so I'm leaning towards the Dewalt DW744X. Anyone have any experience with it? Pros/Cons

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have two of them and they both have the same issue. When it was new the blade depth adjustment worked like a charm but in a few short months it became very hard to adjust. I have cleaned it out and I always blow the dust out of it and the end of the day but still I strugle to move the blade up and down.

Other than that they have worked great. I work them very hard nearly every day so if the depth adjustment getting hard is the only issue I guess that is not so bad.

Dave

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
New makita with stand!!:thumbsup:

·
Mickey
105 Posts
I have one and haven't had trouble with the depth adjustment. I think they're a great jobsite saw. Light enough to carry where ever you need it. I have the old stand not the new one with wheels, although I think the wheeled stand would be great.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I've had one for almost 2 years. I like mine a lot.
I am a tool killer-push every tool I own to the max. This one is holding up well.--MIKE--

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I keep a can of liquid wrench silicone spray on my truck. It doesn't gum up with sawdust much so it's great to use on saws to keep things like height adjusters and other manual moving parts working smoothly.

That DeWalt saw is a great little saw, and I'm not a DeWalt fan.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I bought a 744 15 years ago and this spring it FINALLY gave up on me. Problem: they dont just sell replacement motors, i had to order a rebuild kit. So i went out and bought another Dewalt 745 to finish that job (same big motor just smaller body)

2 days later i had the rebuild kit for the old 744, took all of 30 minutes to tear down, install new parts, throw back together and now i have 2 dewalts that i'm happy with, as i always have been. they can handle anything from rough to fine finish duties.

The 744 i dont like the flip arm on the rip fence, i broke mine the first week since we're all over working. Bought a new one, that broke that week too, so i just gave up on it. This saw falls victim to the same stickey height adjuster everybody has already mentioned. IF i were more dutifull i'd keep up on taking care of my tools, but i'm a caveman that i use the heck outta stuff, and dont worry about maintenance, if it breaks i fix it or replace it, so once a year i will get the guys going on something and i'll flip the saw over and clean it all out like new, relube and it's good to go for another 3/4-1yr without stickey issues.

You'll be very happy with it, i love longer term tools, and as light and easily portable as these units are, along with precsion cutting ability, i have nothing to complain about and no reason to change...hence buying a 2nd dewalt table saw...

·
Registered
967 Posts
I love the Bosch, haven't tried one of those new Makita's but I really like Makitas quality.
The Bosch has the ability rip up to 24 1/2", I can rip a sheet of plywood in half by my self using both of the support extensions.
I don't use the stand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts