Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a dewalt 12" planer that I just got out to use yesterday. It seems like the rubber drive rollers have gotten hard and want to slip on the wood. Do you guys have any ideas or have you run into this before. If so do you have a easy fix for the problem?????

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Is it brand new?
Steve

I have a dewalt 12" planner that I just got out to use yesterday. It seems like the rubber drive rollers have gotten hard and want to slip on the wood. Do you guys have any ideas or have you run into this before. If so do you have a easy fix for the problem?????

Thanks much

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a dewalt 12" planner that I just got out to use yesterday. It seems like the rubber drive rollers have gotten hard and want to slip on the wood. Do you guys have any ideas or have you run into this before. If so do you have a easy fix for the problem?????

Thanks much
What kind of plans does your planner make?:whistling

All kidding aside, make sure you clean them very well. This is not uncommon with these. Still a great planer, though? I have run an imperial ton of material through mine with no problems other than a few nicks in the blades. They tend to do that. Also it helps to lubricate the bed with Top Coat, or whatever it's called.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
25,220 Posts
If the rollers are hard as opposed to dirty/dusty, about the only real option is replacement. But you can buy a little time by using a product generically called "rubber rejuvenator". Google it.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Like Tin Said --

Mine have gone hard also- If you get part for that also pick up roller bushings and a chain and gear set.

I'm on the third set of bushings.You will know they are gone when a board will pull on one side of the table but not on the other.

This may actually be the problem with your machine,---The parts are cheap and the fix is simple.

Only weak point on a machine that paid for itself long,long ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts