Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any thoughts/ experiences with the DW7187 Laser attachment or DWS7085 LED light for the 12" saws. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never had a laser line attachment work properly. 90% of my cutting is done outside and I'm in Florida so its either sunny or too wet to be outside.

·
Always Learning
8,746 Posts
They each have their pros and cons. Laser when dialed in is a little more precise. The light is nice because it's both sides. I use the light...I have a good condition laser I will sell you.

·
Paul
4,120 Posts
Light works great unless in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I haven't used the laser but the light is great. Being able to see where the teeth are hitting without craning your neck, or monkeying with the guard, is awesome.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I just noticed today that I may need glasses. It's getting hard to see the lines.
I had that same problem until I realized dewalt makes textured laser lines. Haven't looked back since.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just make sure it is compatable with your saw if you already have the saw. You need to make sure that the saw has a wide blade guard.

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
Light is awesome, I am so use to it I can barley cut without it now! By having the light casting a shadow on the blade you know exactly where that blade is going to come down

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive never had a laser sight work either. ive bought two saws with them and they both quit working after a few weeks of using the saw. the one i have now is a bosch it comes on after i clean it when i change the blade but always stops working shortly after the first thing i do when i buy a miter saw is take all the plastic guards off ive always assumed this is why.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts