Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering do anyone own the Dewalt DC608K cordless brad nailer? I am looking at getting one for interior trim work and cabinetmaking.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
We have it and also the trim gun that goes with it. Had them for about a year or so. The brad nailer works fine, the trim gun sometimes won't shoot right. Leaves nails sticking halfway out of the board. A lot of guys on here use paslode, maybe those are better guns...?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have both the 18 and 16 gauge 18v nailers. They're great for baseboards, casings, general needs stuff. I really like not having to set up a compressor for little stuff like replacing baseboards while doing a bathroom floor or similar.
But for cabinet work, other more detailed stuff I still prefer my to set up my little senco with my air nailers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have 18, 16, & 15. Love them all. Only beef is with nailing into harder woods. I second that it is great for trim/casing, but I use air tools on cabinets and other millwork. Sometimes they jam up, but it's usually easy to remedy

·
Registered
498 Posts
I see a lot of trim people use both, cordless nailers and air powered nailers. I think they are a convince plus less of a headache when using but from what I've seen it looks like it take a few seconds before the nail is released after the trigger is engaged. Someone correct me if I am wrong there? Personally I've debated getting one but have never been able to make myself certain that it's a good investment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts