Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have been lurking around the site for awhile and finally decided to join and post since its a great site. I figured this would be a good first post.

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with the dewalt 18volt cordless recriprocating saw and a dewalt 24volt cordless circular saw? I would like to purchase both but was wondering if they are worth the money. Last year i bought a craftsman 14volt cordless circular saw and that thing sucks!!(cant even cut through one 2x4 on a single charge. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Mike

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Mike, you'll probably start up the whole DeWalt vs. everything else debate again.

Personally I have the Craftsman 19.2 combo kit (reciprocating saw, 1/2" drill, 5 1/2" circular saw, light). Both saws have worked great for me so far and one can always use another cordless drill.

I think that the "14V" is the biggest part of your problems.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
I have the corded 10amp Dewalt recip saw and the cordless 18volt Dewalt XRP recip saw. The corded one hasn't been out of it's box since I got the cordless version late last year. I have no complaints about the cordless version. I especially like the safety button on it that locks the blade and keeps it from moving by accident.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
As long as there is power, there will be Milwalkee. I always have so much power running around a site, what's one more cord?
My oldest one, I inherited from my father, it's been through a few sets of brushes. Mine is on it's second set. Add all of the brushes together and it doesn't = one battery. I just looked it up and brushes are selling for $0.67.
Dad bought his sometime around 1960, I bought mine prior to 1970. That's 90+ yrs of use for $4.02 todays prices.
That's my argument.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Regardless of price arguments, the DeWalt cordless recip saw works very well. If you feel the need for a cordless version, which has come in handy sometimes, buy it. You will be happy with it. I just used one today to chop out some bottom plates to set some doors and it worked great. (Along with an exterior door that is planned to be installed INSIDE the house. Framers built it that way and homeowners think it's "A nice touch." Dont ask me...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts