Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
something that will break easily and cost a fortune to fix...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Gimmicky" is what I keep thinking too.

If tools were invented today and I was told that on the Milwaukee M4 you just push a button and on the DeWalt gyro you have to hold in a button and twist your wrist, I would think simply pushing a button would be a whole lot easier.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
The milwaukee used to have many fans as they are perfect for outlet instals and other such inconvenient light duty screwing tasks where a larger driver is too much bulk and a Festool CSX is too $$$ At this point i dont see the need with so many good "12"V systems that do so much more at about the same size.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I use my 20v impact driver for most stuff, but I'd like one of the "stick" style screwdrivers for tighter areas. The Hitachi actually looks pretty decent and has a lifetime warranty. The older 7.2 DeWalt also looks nice. It's not lithium but it sounds like the battery still lasts for quite a while.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
For someone in electronics service or cabinet installs I could see it being great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A lot of what I would use it for is for removing/installing ¼" hex head self-tappers in sign letters & cabinets. If it had a trigger, I would have already purchased it. Just not sure I'd like the whole gyro thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts