Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I burnt out the motor (smoke and blue green sparks) of my 10 year old Dewalt 744 contractor table saw (which I have pretty happy with until now).
They do not offer a replacement motor for it but just parts. So I am looking for advice I what I need to replace in it - the field, armature, brushes. etc. :blink:.
Thanks for any advice.

-Brian

·
Registered
157 Posts
armature, brushes. etc. :blink:.
Thanks for any advice.

-Brian

that would do it! I field replaced all the guts in my and it was pretty easy. I bought mine used from the Home Depot rental department about 4 years ago and just recently had to rebuild it! Very Happy!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
LOL, I just did this last week, mines about the same vintage and actually the past year it's been getting "noisey" and really started acting up last month, then a few weeks ago she finally went to the grave in a puff of smoke and died. Luckily my grandfather is a retired contractor and i dropped it off to give him something to tinker with and bought a new dewalt table saw in the mean time since i needed one to finish the job. No motor offered, he called the local service center and i had him buy everything that goes into the motor....mainly because everything they sold was bad, broke, or frozen up in my old one LMAO!!!

Only took 1 day to get parts ($136 shipped to the door) and 30 minutes to put it all back together, very painless and this saw has more than earned it's keep, so in 10 yrs i'm not crying a bit about the $136 fix:no::thumbup::thumbup:

Side note:
I picked up that new Dewalt...745 i think, instead of having a 26" rip capability it'll only do 16" but it's about half the weight and has as much power as the 744, so i'm very happy with it and i have to be honest, for now i'm leaving this lil guy int he van and letting the big guy take a break....was'nt too often i ever really needed to rip anything that wide i could'nt do it with a sidewinder, (I dont build cabinets)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts