Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a look at the new Dewalt Framing Saw today. Looks to be a re-designed worm drive. Motor is set at about 45 degrees off the base, shorter than a worm drive, yet the handle is still low, behind the saw for pushing.
Wondering if anyone has one and what your opinion of it is. Says 15 amps, and the balance is different than the old wormdrive models.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Makita is a good saw. I recently picked up a new Skill Magnesim 15amp. Love it. I'm wondering how that new Dewalt performs, seeing that it's weight has been moved forward. Might have to get one just to find out. They have them on sale right now for $200 Can.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I had the original version of that saw ten years ago. It took some getting used to, but became my favorite saw. The only downside was that it wasn't very durable and I broke the handle off on a cold day with a short fall from the horses. It was also recalled for a problem with the blade gaurd if I remember correctly.:thumbsup: Skil model 77 wormdrive is a great saw if you can handle the weight. I have one of the newer ones manufactured by Bosch Corp. It is still a good saw, made in USA.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts