Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GC
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are pretty tough. Mine was being fussy while I was framing out a bay window. Damn thing wouldn't fire two nails without futzing with the nail feed. I got a pretty good swing and sent it a solid twenty feet out the window I was working on, didn't break it anymore than it already was. Hooked up the air nailer and finished the job.

That piece of crap laid in the yard all day, no one on the job would go near it. They figured I'd already lost my mind and no good would come of poking the crazy man.

I absolutely despise tools that don't work properly.

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
64,706 Posts
Sooo...

Out of warranty?

·
Head Grunt
229 Posts
I loved mine. The only thing it couldn't do was shoot into LVLs effectively.
Last year started a problem sinking nails or just not operating.
Took it to be fixed. Months go by. Came back, same issues.
Take it back to be fixed. Couple months later they tell me that nothing is wrong with it.
I don't know what they didn't do, but it worked.
Tried it on a jib last week.
Crapped out.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
Are pretty tough. Mine was being fussy while I was framing out a bay window. Damn thing wouldn't fire two nails without futzing with the nail feed. I got a pretty good swing and sent it a solid twenty feet out the window I was working on, didn't break it anymore than it already was. Hooked up the air nailer and finished the job.

That piece of crap laid in the yard all day, no one on the job would go near it. They figured I'd already lost my mind and no good would come of poking the crazy man.

I absolutely despise tools that don't work properly.
I did that with my hitachi 15 ga twice and broke the follower both times. $60 part before FJBflation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts