Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this gun for a while and what are your reviews after time.

I have used one years ago but they were brand new to the market. I am wanting to get one.

I will not be putting it to daily use. I would say maybe 2-3 boxes of pins a month.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We bought one this summer. It jammed constantly, no matter what we did. So we got it replaced, they said it was a defective unit, and the new one only jams half as much. It will jam at least once per sleeve of brads, and often more.

I can't recommend it.

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Has anyone had this gun for a while and what are your reviews after time.

I have used one years ago but they were brand new to the market. I am wanting to get one.

I will not be putting it to daily use. I would say maybe 2-3 boxes of pins a month.
How did you have one years ago when the brad nailer just came out not long ago?

Are you talking about the 16 ga finish nailer or the 18 ga brad nailer.

Anyways the only thing better then owing one of the brad nailers is owning 2, which I have and both perform flawlessly and are awesome. The cordless finish nailer has carved out quite a reputation over the years and the brad nailer is living right up to it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you have one years ago when the brad nailer just came out not long ago?

Are you talking about the 16 ga finish nailer or the 18 ga brad nailer.

Anyways the only thing better then owing one of the brad nailers is owning 2, which I have and both perform flawlessly and are awesome. The cordless finish nailer has carved out quite a reputation over the years and the brad nailer is living right up to it. :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe, I hope it doesnt jam dont have problems with my sencos jamming. So it will be frustrating if it does.
I got one today and will try it out tommorow. 30 day money back if I dont like it.

Mike about 4 years ago they had them here in Omaha. at Tighton Industrial Supply. I messed around with it then but didnt have a need then as it was like $399 at that point

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Amazon stocked it from about March 2008 http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC608K...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1258675616&sr=8-1

I was gonna buy one but bought the Makita pneumatic version. Great tools but at the time the Nano cells wernt about and i didnt want ni-cd.

Also a good tip for stopping jams in brad nailers and finish nailers it make sure there's no glue left over on the first and last nail of each set. The left over glue can cause misfires. Very commen when using broken sets.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Have had the 16g finish for a few years. Love it. Never jams. It is a little heavy if using all day but beats hauling a compressor, hose, etc. Have been thinking about buying the brad nailer as well.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
im still on the porter cable one its lasted almost 10 yrs, about 3 yrs ago i stopped putting oil!:laughing: Still works great!:shutup:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
DeWalt's brad nailer is near perfect. Lighten it up with a Lithium battery. It will go all day on one battery. I've had one for a couple of years now.
Steve

·
Registered
53 Posts
We're on our second replacement now. Had another chance to try it on a small base/crown job yesterday and it performed perfectly. Hopefully it holds up well and the previous two were just lemons. Sure beats lugging a compressor and messing with hoses.

I still wouldn't recommend it yet. We'll see how this one holds up.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have run 8,000+ pins through mine and haven't had any problems:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I normally only use 2" and when i need a shorter length I just cut the strip with snips it even shoots these with out complaining.

Craig

·
Registered
60 Posts
DeWalt's brad nailer is near perfect. Lighten it up with a Lithium battery. It will go all day on one battery. I've had one for a couple of years now.
Steve
Same here, had it for about 2 years. Shoots everything from 2" down to 5/8" no problem. The lithium battery makes it so much easier to carry and handle all day long. It feels a lot lighter with the lithium battery. Plenty of power usually have to lower the depth dial because it will fire through pine molding on anything above 3 on mine.

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
I think it's an okay gun for light use. It's a little heavy and doesn't shoot nails that fast, but otherwise alright. If I was going to be using a nail gun a lot and had to be shooting a lot of nails I would rather have the compressor and the hose because it's lighter and faster.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Absolute Garbage!!!!!!!!!! Went through 3 of them in 2 months. Hands down the biggest POS on the market. Hey, I like my 16gauge version. I have had it for 4 years now and it has served me really well. The 18G is like owning bostitch tools.... lol

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
I bought one of their straight cordless finish guns when they first came out years ago and after dozens of cases (not boxes) of 1.5-2.5 nails the gun still works as good as it did the day I got it. A couple years ago I added their cordless angled finish gun to my collection and it still works like a charm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts