Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just a small sample of the run down housing stock. All of these are over 2800 sq ft, with the most impressive woodwork on the inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I think it's awesome to see things are finally turning around. I'm sure there is a long way to go but for I would comfortably say the bottom is behind you and that means your only going up.

Detroit has some of the most amazing architecture homes across america. :thumbsup:

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think it came from the west coast.
very observant and a good memory.

The whole nation has a negative slant towards Detroit.

We also have had enough rain for the food we eat, can fill the trunk of a charger up for $30.00, and I haven't had to turn the sprinklers on yet this year.

I think Metro Detroit is a great place 2 live.

This was sent to me today. http://mail.thedeckbarn.com/Default...zc2FnZXMuYXNweD8_&section=UserEmail&lbh=false

w/25 talented guys and winter approaching this, to me, looks good.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I've been to Detroit a couple times and have s friend who had lived there about 15 years. Nice place overall. I've always been pulling for them.

·
John Hyatt
3,658 Posts
Ok, cal fight,,, again.

If this is the place for off topic,,Why the Hell does this site load so Slow ????

With the given every site has packed in advertising in every 1/8'' of screen along with pop ups a person has only to get next to for engagement This one is 10 times slower than any I visit.

What is up with that ????
J.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
very observant and a good memory.

The whole nation has a negative slant towards Detroit.

We also have had enough rain for the food we eat, can fill the trunk of a charger up for $30.00, and I haven't had to turn the sprinklers on yet this year.

I think Metro Detroit is a great place 2 live.

This was sent to me today. http://mail.thedeckbarn.com/Default...zc2FnZXMuYXNweD8_&section=UserEmail&lbh=false

w/25 talented guys and winter approaching this, to me, looks good.
The link you posted requires a login...

But anyway: Yes, Detroit will be the Comeback Kid. And even though it seems like big names have bought up literally thousands of acres of housing, the good housing stock, like in your pics, are still all waiting.

It's gonna be a helluva renaissance.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Ok, cal fight,,, again.

If this is the place for off topic,,Why the Hell does this site load so Slow ????

With the given every site has packed in advertising in every 1/8'' of screen along with pop ups a person has only to get next to for engagement This one is 10 times slower than any I visit.

What is up with that ????
J.
That is why I only visit this site with my phone: no ads, no pop-ups, nada. Even with my phone is may be a little slow from on occasion, but nothing like on the laptop.

·
Deck Parts Retailer
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just moved my daughter to Detroit to attend Wayne State University,Thanks for the pics Steve..they make me feel alittle better about it.;)
Have a step daughter living on the grounds of a 10,000 sq ft house downtown, place is beautiful. rent was cheap, she has lived there on and off by herself there for 4 years, not a lick of problems

·
Registered
753 Posts
These homes sitting on postage stamp size lots have zero character, imo.
It's like a woman wearing way too much make up.
How much crap can you stick on a house in such a small space...obviously there are no tasteful limits.

I'd rather be in a single wide on 20 acres with a shop and animals running around.

All large cities have these McM's.
Can't even sling a hail mary pass in your own yard. Tis sad.

Big cities suck hairy goat balls.
Ok, I feel better now...:)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts