Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to use the contractor talk graphic as an icon for a navigation 'shortcut' on my desktop. Anyone know how to convert the *.tif file format to an icon format or know a way otherwise to accomplish this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
First off, I have the link saved in my Internet Explorer favorites.
Going to the link in Favorites and 'right clicking' on it brings up options including "Send To". One of the "Send To" options should include Desktop (create short-cut). You know what to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,606 Posts
I'm trying to download an icon program to make one now... but so far no luck.

Heres a clean Logo if someone need it:



By the way... its in the process of being trademarked!
There have already been a few people trying to copy stuff on this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GCMan said:
First off, I have the link saved in my Internet Explorer favorites.
Going to the link in Favorites and 'right clicking' on it brings up options including "Send To". One of the "Send To" options should include Desktop (create short-cut). You know what to do.
Yeah, I have a shortcut on the desktop but the icon is a Firefox icon (the browser) not the ContractorTalk logo. I thought using the logo would kinda' set that shortcut apart visually from all others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Way over my head if you want an icon thing. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,573 Posts
Nathan said:
I'm trying to download an icon program to make one now... but so far no luck.

Heres a clean Logo if someone need it:



By the way... its in the process of being trademarked!
There have already been a few people trying to copy stuff on this site.
Nathan there are two types of trademarks Registered and non registered. Simply adding a TM next to your logo awards you various rights, however it is my understanding that registering a trademark prety much only makes your rights easier to prove and enforce.

I could be wrong I am not a trademark lawyer but this is how it was explained to me.
 

·
...jammin
Joined
·
5,234 Posts
Grumpy said:
Nathan there are two types of trademarks Registered and non registered. Simply adding a TM next to your logo awards you various rights, however it is my understanding that registering a trademark prety much only makes your rights easier to prove and enforce.

I could be wrong I am not a trademark lawyer but this is how it was explained to me.
Your not wrong, that's exactly how it works
Same with copyrights

Registering is the better choice, but simply adding the TM or C gives you some measure of protection
If it comes to legal matters, a registered trademark holds up much better in court
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
It gets more complicated. There are 3 tiers of registrations. You go for tier 1 sometimes they knock you down and will give 2 and 3. This gives you the right to put the R. Way to complicated for me, Had an attorney handle it.
The question is are you protecting the name, the logo or the concept of the site. Our site **** is registered under the name and the concept of the site. The reg. will cost about $ 300.00 plus legal fees.

Good luck
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top