Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently did a designer metallic epoxy floor the 700 sq. ft. seating area of a chocolate shop and wine bar that just relocated.

There was an additional 600 sq. ft. of satin finish clear epoxy for behind the counter and in the back room.

The client and designer wanted something to go with the chocolate theme. They loved the new floor.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
I don't know what it costs to do a floor like that, but it definately is well worth it! It makes the chocolate theme jump out for sure! Absolutely gorgeous!
Joe

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
that looks really really really good. probably the best one i have seen.

I just lost a metallic epoxy job this morning for 1100 sq foot game room. Plus acid stain an additional 4000 sq foot warehouse. Some jerk off bid the entire job out for $1000.

The customer is a printer and he does good work but so do a lot of other people. The customer said I could have the job if Id do it for 1000$ and I could get my printing at cost for the next 3 years.

I said so, I pay for the floor now and I will get paid back over the course of the next 3 years by not getting taxed on my printing supplies? hmmm. yeah.. Im going to go with no on that. But good luck with the dummy who said ok.

anyway.. didnt mean to rant on your thread... Those floors are perfect.!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I think the floor is beautiful as well, I think it takes attention away from the product, it doesn't contribute to it, like chocolate, caramel, whatever else they put in them.
A club, or other type of high end,venue. I can see it. Kinda odd I'm saying the floor is finer than the wine.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
music9704: It can be done on counter tops but the epoxy is put on thick and it self levels. It doesn't like vertical.

I have seen it done on a counter in a few shades of blue with LEDs that turned on and off creating a flow effect like water. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. Would love to try it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SuperiorHIP: It is a 100% solids epoxy that gets a metallic flake added to it. It is put down thick (in this case over a metallic base coat) to give it a 3D look. Multiple colors added at different times in the curing process create different color blending looks. The yellow/gold here was added late so it didn't blend as much and looks more like ribbons of color.

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
By Multiple colors at different times do you mean base coat, let it dry, then pour the top coat and immediately pour the ribbons? What's the working time on this product? Do you squeeqie it on and then backroll it? Then pour the ribbons?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts