Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be a good program for complete structural and cosmetics that has floor plans and elevations that you can print on normal size printer paper?

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Umm.. it's called an architect. Sorry.. but honestly there isn't a program that's going to give you a complete structural and architectural package automatically. You will have to hire someone to design the structure for you. After that you can probably get the cad files from them and plot them however small or large you want.
Maybe I missed the point of your post too.. it's been known to happen.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hatchet said:
Umm.. it's called an architect. Sorry.. but honestly there isn't a program that's going to give you a complete structural and architectural package automatically. You will have to hire someone to design the structure for you. After that you can probably get the cad files from them and plot them however small or large you want.
Maybe I missed the point of your post too.. it's been known to happen.
I need something that has the potential for prelimenary drawings etc.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Well.. there is autocad, intellicad, microstation, chief architect, 3d architect, designcad, turbocad, procad, powercadd, pcdraft.... I could go on. Most of these have a pretty steep learning curve and a steep price. In the ones I've listed there is quite a price difference. From $60 for 3d Home Architect to over $3000 for Autocad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts