Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have lots of dental molding to paint in a couple of weeks and was wondering if any one has any tricks to speed up the process.:blink::cry::cry:

·
House Painters Reading PA
459 Posts
Its like this. All those teeth in the mold will have sough edges. I always have lightly sanded them and brushed the first coat. The other coats are lightly sprayed because if you put it on heavy it will run on you and be a huge mess. Delicacy is what dental molding needs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the spelling lesson. I ask the homeowner if I could paint it before it went up and both the contractor and architect told her not a good idea. :eek: Tried to state my case but she was adament about it sooo I will be in dentil hell....not to be confused with dental hell next week.

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I ask the homeowner if I could paint it before it went up and both the contractor and architect told her not a good idea.
What was the reason? I really shouldn't question an architect since they are always correct :whistling

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All I was told was that they didn't think it was a good idea. Yes Architech are never wrong....except when they pick paint colors!! I should call and thank him for the extra business....we will be repainting the kitchen. The color he picked a bright yellowy orange color....SW6677 goldenrod....yuk!!

·
House Painters Reading PA
459 Posts
The Architect always gets the benefit of the doubt over the poor dumb painters. You know we are all fresh out of jail and alcoholics anyhow lol.

I was told by a trim carpenter that the reason was because it tears up their blades. I was like it you want a c note to save us several hundred dollars or more in labor, then lets go to the ATM brother!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts