Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Demo-Dek is great. I contracted the owner, Ben, and he came to my job site that was a 700+ square foot demo. With these new tools I was able to demo all the deck boards in under 10 mins on my own. After using these one time I pre-ordered 2 of them. Having these tools are exactly what I need. They will save me time, money and wear and tear on my body. These tools can not get here soon enough. Check out their website and facebook page, as well as ours for photos of these tools in action.
www.baystatebuilders.net

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,333 Posts
I ordered one on sale for 99 bucks. It's been a while, I wonder if something happened to my order.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
I ordered one on sale for 99 bucks. It's been a while, I wonder if something happened to my order.

When I was talking to him he said mid June availability, but I'd drop him an email to check status, he's a real nice guy I'm sure it won't hurt.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,333 Posts
Just got an email from him, they are in production hot off the press

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,333 Posts
According to fedex tracking I should see one tomorrow... next project doesn't have any demo necessary... :(
My next several projects don't include a demo. On my next project I'm removing 1100 sq. ft. of composite because the HO wants to change colors. His Son-In-Law will save the existing.

·
Registered
9,177 Posts
Just go find someone's deck that looks like crap and give it a shot... Then advertise your deck services...
The thought crossed my mind...

There was a local company that basically did this... They had previously met with the homeowner but never signed a contract, they showed up and demo'd the deck one day. They finally worked out an agreement, personally I think she let them off too easy.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wrecking bar

When it stops raining I will take a picture of the two I built. Actually the truth is I can't weld a bead so I had a friend weld it for me.

I used a rock bar, cut the pointed end off and welded a couple of half moon pieces of hardened iron or steel to the sides spaced about 1-3/4 apart. I set that part on the joist and I have the full bar length to use to apply pressure. The other end can still be used to bust concrete or rock if need be. With the long handle leverage it will pop boards that have been screwed, even if they go through the board while it is being removed. Using a rock bar works better for those of us that are tall.

The cost to make would be about $15.00.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts