Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad passed away and left me a Delta Unisaw with Delta Unifence with 50" extension table;220 volt. What is a fair askin price for this as I don't have room in my shop .

·
Registered
Custom
12,902 Posts
Depends on age, condition, location, who you're selling it to, local market...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on age, condition, location, who you're selling it to, local market...
selling in West Virginia, saw is in like new shape but I don't know the year purchased. I have a couple of contractors interested locally, but don't want to "give" it away

·
Registered
Custom
12,902 Posts
Contractors are in business to make money... you're going to have to find a balance between what you consider "giving it away" and what they're willing to pay for it...

It cost you nothing financially to receive so anything you get is gravy... the reason age is important has to do with maintenance...

Keep in mind, like a car, they're buying used... look at what a similar one new would cost, and most contractors will start to look at it if it's about half that cost depending on age (get the serial # and call Delta)... you could always try to Ebay it... ;)

Personally, if you have a shop that you use and it's in "new shape" I'd get a mobile stand and make room for it, by parking it in the corner when not in use... not that big of a footprint when not in use versus not having one...

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Sorry for your loss

I got my unisaw for a steal at around 300, but most of them were going for at least a grand when I was looking. The motor should have a manufacture date on it, or you should be able to use a serial number to figure out the age

- Rich

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
There is a really good facebook group for vintage Delta-Rockwell machinery. I suggest you join that and ask your question there, with pictures. There you will find people who like to collect those machines, as well as buy good used model for general purposes. Based on your description, we don't know if you have a vintage model that is collectible, or a foreign made model that appeal more to someone just looking for a decent cabinet saw.

·
Registered
Custom
12,902 Posts
Ugh... shame on me... was in hyper drive today and overlooked the most important part of your post... Sorry to hear your Dad passed as well...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hate to see the loss here, my heart and thoughts are with you and your family. I would pay at least a $1k for it site unseen! Or more, after seeing it. But really don't need it.

·
Registered
Remodel
28,071 Posts
$500-1500 around here for a work saw, depending on condition.

Selling them around here is a hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts