Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Delta 6" open stand jointer 2nd hand last year, and i just recently was trying to use it and was'nt getting the results i wanted. After evening up the infeed and outfed tables,and putting a straight edge on it, it turns out the infeed slopes down toward the cutter(not parallel):thumbup:. The infeed adjusts on a dove tailed track and i don't see any way of raising the cutter head end of the table. It just slides up and down hill on the guides. Any tips from the veteran shop owners would be Fantastic!

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I was hoping between Bass, Gus, Leo, and company that they may have some knowledge in this area:rolleyes:
Give 'em a while.
Some of these guys have
a real life. :laughing:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give 'em a while.
Some of these guys have
a real life. :laughing:
Hahaha yea i know i was just defending my reason for posting the ? here and not the woodworking forum. Thanks:laughing:
I should go DO something.....

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
If it is an older machine post a pic or two at owwm.org and tell them you are a newbie and you will get all the help you need.
Thanks Craig 3

·
Pro
669 Posts
I have a real old Rockwell and it has some set screws on the back side of the tables that allow me to adjust them. Maybe yours has something similar.

Bill

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a real old Rockwell and it has some set screws on the back side of the tables that allow me to adjust them. Maybe yours has something similar.

Bill
Thanks for posting Bill. Yes there seems to be some threaded rod with a hex end and a nut,.. actually 3 of them on the uphill end of the infeed. I messed with them to no avail:rolleyes:. They seem to lock the the table in posistion??? i dunno..

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,546 Posts
From your description it sounds like your table moves on dovetails ways. Usually the problem is the opposite, the table would sag on the side farthest from the head. You can usually use shims on the dovetails to adjust this discrepancy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts