Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Should stay level until the check clears!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
thanks for sharing .there were tricks there i have never seen done .the blocks with the epoxied raised bases is a new one .i would say biggest flaw at this stage is how it attached to the house .though he used treated rim joist so all you have to replace in a few years is the siding and the homes rim joist joist . wonder if it will wiggle when it is done .

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,841 Posts
I wonder what frost heave will do to it all.....

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,841 Posts
Stop by when it's done and see how much you can rack the one end just by pushing on the posts.

·
Artist and not a curator
13,547 Posts
Am I the only one that finds it problematic that a dude walked up on another man's property, took pictures of work that he is having done on his house, to blast him on the internet?

The work is ****, but it's his ****. None of your damn business both literally and figuratively.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,447 Posts
Imagine that. A contractor taking a picture of shoddy work and posting it on a contractor forum.
From the looks of things, I'd venture a guess the house is unoccupied.
Guess it's time to get rid of "The Wall of Shame" thread.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,841 Posts
......... work that he is having done on his house,.........
So you know for a fact the HO has hired a pro? Don't you find THAT 'problematic'... that's there's "pros" out there doing chitty work and giving us a bad rap?

Reactions: Dirtywhiteboy

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
How do you know rappers are building that? That's a bit presumptuous isn't it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Artist and not a curator
13,547 Posts
So you know for a fact the HO has hired a pro? Don't you find THAT 'problematic'... that's there's "pros" out there doing chitty work and giving us a bad rap?
I said pro? That's a you issue, not me.

It's his property. He can do whatever he damn well pleases. Maybe his son is doing it. Maybe it's some retarded piece of art. Going on someone's property and documenting without them knowing is absolute horse ****.

·
Kowboy
2,362 Posts
Am I the only one that finds it problematic that a dude walked up on another man's property, took pictures of work that he is having done on his house, to blast him on the internet?

The work is *, but it's his *. None of your damn business both literally and figuratively.
Deckhead:
Rummage around here until you find the video of the deck that fell into the Pacific Ocean, injuring many. That's the price of minding one's own business. Little too high for me.

·
Kowboy
2,362 Posts
It's his property. He can do whatever he damn well pleases.
No, he can't. He can't smelt iron ore unless he's got the zoning. He can't build a structure that's going to endanger his children or the firefighters called to save them some day.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,841 Posts
I said pro? That's a you issue, not me.

It's his property. He can do whatever he damn well pleases. Maybe his son is doing it. Maybe it's some retarded piece of art. Going on someone's property and documenting without them knowing is absolute horse ****.

OK, so YOU know for a fact he hired a hack. And YOU don't find that 'problematic'?

That sounds like a YOU problem as well.

Reactions: Dirtywhiteboy

·
Registered
GC
858 Posts

The work is *, but it's his *. None of your damn business both literally and figuratively.
The only real issue is going on to someone else's property to take the pictures. I wouldn't do it, simply I respect the property rights of others.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts