Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Swanny
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be installing some Dekor Millenium lights on a TT Desert Bronze Deck with Black Radiance rails.

My first color choice would be the Antique Metal black color, but was thinking one of the other colors, Hand Rubbed Bronze or Dark Copper Vein, might blend in better with the Desert Bronze for the Down lights on the stair risers.

Not ever having these in my hand, I was wondering if someone who has worked with them could make a suggestion.

Your expertise is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Personally, I've only used the black lights. They seem to go with most colors.

Get the drill bit that they sell. It must me a metric size, because they fit perfectly with their bits, but not mine (either too loose or too tight).

If it is a long run of steps, you have to be careful about the lights shining in people's eyes. They are surprisingly bright.

Be prepared to splice a lot of wires.

·
Banned
28 Posts
The bits they sell for the Milleniums are .900".

I would vote for the Black or Antique Metal Black too. I personally like the flat look of the AMB, but I also think the gloss in the standard black would match the rails better.

If you didn't have the black railing, the bronze might work. The copper vein would be a little too much for the Desert bronze. I prefer the Copper Vein on IPE or Ceder than a composite.

Good Luck

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
I like to use 7/8" bit and beat them in with a rubber mallet... They dont go ANYWHERE EVER. I like de-kor stuff it is nice it could be a little better but I am sure they will get there.

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
Why they don't swage the three leads on the post lights into a single lead is beyond me. It's 3X as much work screwing around with all that wire when it all ends up gettin nutted to the same lead anyway.

That and the assanine wire wrapping they do for shipping. It takes 2 minutes per light just to unwind them nevermind rethreading the leads through the hole in the mounting bracket. It is certainly not friendly for production of any sort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts