Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Contractor
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting in a dedicated Dehumidifier Drain in the basement and could not find this answer. The drain is in the wall, not the floor....that would have been easy.

Since it's going to be the lowest "fixture" on the line, I've put in a backflow preventer and yes, its a vented line. I'm using a 2" line downstream of the trap and 1.5" for the trap and vent. (Did that in case its ever upgraded to a kitchen)

My question is this...to avoid a Running Trap how high does the inlet need to be? All I can find is Max Height of the fixture above the trap weir, but nothing that tells me the Minimum Height.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
I'm putting in a dedicated Dehumidifier Drain in the basement and could not find this answer. The drain is in the wall, not the floor....that would have been easy.

Since it's going to be the lowest "fixture" on the line, I've put in a backflow preventer and yes, its a vented line. I'm using a 2" line downstream of the trap and 1.5" for the trap and vent. (Did that in case its ever upgraded to a kitchen)

My question is this...to avoid a Running Trap how high does the inlet need to be? All I can find is Max Height of the fixture above the trap weir, but nothing that tells me the Minimum Height.
It's going to vary by code, here it would be 4X the pipe size, so 8"

·
Retired Contractor
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a stand pipe in WI is min 15"
Most info I have on a stand pipe is 18", but that would mean an Open vertical pipe. If I'm tying this into the dehumidifier bucket drain and the pipe isn't "open" would that eliminate the standpipe requirements?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts