Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a build I started today. It was designed by ScipioAfricanis, just to make sure he gets credit for his great work. So thanks Andy.

Just broke ground today. Here's my guys hard at work.

to be continued!

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to see in this photo, but that new demo hammer I got from Bosch is the perfect hammer for digging footings.

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,386 Posts
I'd want glass rails too with that view. What kind of post are those & how does the glass get mounted?

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd want glass rails too with that view. What kind of post are those & how does the glass get mounted?
They will be composite b with hardware to mount at the top and bottom rail. They will also have a 2 inch space on the vertical edges of the glass a "vent".just like these

·
Premium Member
Retired deck builder
6,386 Posts
I can't see it in the pictures but, I'll take your word for it. Seems like a good idea to let some of the breeze through.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
Heres a build I started today. It was designed by ScipioAfricanis, just to make sure he gets credit for his great work. So thanks Andy.
Great looking project Mike! :thumbsup:
It makes it even cooler that another contractor talk member designed it too. :clap:
Looking forward to watching this deck project transform. :thumbup:

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just curious, Do sono tubes need to be inspected prior to pouring in Cali.??

if so, how long is the wait for inspector man ?
They want to see the hole in the ground. We got inspection same day as pour. The good thing with this city is I know the inspector. I can call his cell to get an eta. Within a 1/2 hour.

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
out of curiosity why 4500?
I've done several jobs for San Clemente, all of them required 4500. My soils engineer said it's because of the San Clemente soil has either sulfate or alkaline, and the 4500 helps prevent the Chemicals in the soil from breaking down the concrete. Also San Clemente has a lot of clay and heaving can be an issue as well. This is what I'm told, however I just give my inspector a trip ticket, and hell he never even looks at it.

·
Super Moderator
28,895 Posts
Cool project, Mike.

Reactions: Calidecks

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Had a dead day today 4x14x20 Pressure treated along with 6x6 posts were Special order. So I was going to start framing tomorrow but I sent the chit back it was really in bad shape. Two out three beams were decent but one had really bad horizontal grain right in the middle of my span. The 6x6 posts were very badly checked. I have to drive and pick them up from the vendor so I can get better stuff tomorrow. Looks like I'll start framing Thursday.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts