Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Renaissance Man
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to post here all the time, primarily masonry, but also the carpentry sub sections, etc...

Figured I'd jump back in and see if anyone remembers me...

This one is only 11 years old.
Hand Pneumatic tool Tool Finger Power tool
Window Wood Urban design Floor Composite material
Hand tool Drill Handheld power drill Wood Tool
Tool Wood Metalworking hand tool Font Metal

Outdoor bench Infrastructure Window Road surface Urban design
Wood Road surface Asphalt Building material Composite material
Wood Building material Rectangle Composite material Lumber

Road surface Asphalt Wood Slope Line
Window Wood Building Road surface Porch

Attachments

·
Renaissance Man
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to see you back.

Treated lumber ain’t what it use to be. My guess that is not ground contact rated as it should be that close to the ground.

So you not doing masonry now?
Yea, still do it all...

·
Renaissance Man
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to see you back.

Treated lumber ain’t what it use to be. My guess that is not ground contact rated as it should be that close to the ground.

So you not doing masonry now?
It's funny, I thought so as well. It's Madison lumber, ground contact, Copper Azole...I found a few tags. A lot of flat blocking for the pic frame, probably didn't treat any cuts, no flashing, stair stringers we're mush.

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
Yep, I remember you. In fact every once in a while I think, "Now, what would Superseal do in this situation.

I still use my big giant to pull posts. Best simple idea seen ever.

Glad you're back. Stay awile.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
welcome back, but no matter where you live pressure treated lumber sucks lately!
This was one of my last projects!

Water Wood Plant Grass Tree

Reactions: superseal

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you replace every joist? Some look fresh while some look they still have water stains, although they look cleaned up a bit. It was my understanding that new and existing joists shouldn't be mixed because the new joists will "shrink" as it dries (assuming it's PT) and you may wind up with "wavy" decking. Looks good though. I don't do many repair jobs.

·
Renaissance Man
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you replace every joist? Some look fresh while some look they still have water stains, although they look cleaned up a bit. It was my understanding that new and existing joists shouldn't be mixed because the new joists will "shrink" as it dries (assuming it's PT) and you may wind up with "wavy" decking. Looks good though. I don't do many repair jobs.
Didn't replace every joist, the water content even with all new lumber varies a bit so you're never really safe. I get what your saying though. We did leave them a little proud when we planed everything out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts