Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Customer asking me to cut ovals or circles in the top half of the privacy wall near their hot tub. Where can I get premade ovals or circles to frame out holes. Thx
We are painting.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
More details? Material privacy wall is made out of? Photos maybe?

Might just need to make a template and cut it out but not sure what your wall construction looks like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Xtrememtnbiker said:
More details? Material privacy wall is made out of? Photos maybe? Might just need to make a template and cut it out but not sure what your wall construction looks like.
Haven't built wall yet. Materials are pt post, Hardi siding 4' up, square lattice 4' on top. I will cut in holes in lattice. I want a nice almost mirror frame look on both sides of wall.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Haven't built wall yet. Materials are pt post, Hardi siding 4' up, square lattice 4' on top. I will cut in holes in lattice. I want a nice almost mirror frame look on both sides of wall.
So holes cut in lattice with some sort of a wood circle/oval over top the lattice on each side?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Xtrememtnbiker said:
So holes cut in lattice with some sort of a wood circle/oval over top the lattice on each side?
Ha, I'm not explaining myself. I can do the cuts, but my customer wants a quality looking frame to go over top of the lattice on both sides to give a clean look

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Xtrememtnbiker said:
I need a source for the round or oval quality frame that I can use outside.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
You're probably looking at custom millwork. We don't know where you're located so it's hard to recommend someone. The finish also matters. Are you trying to match PT or is it painted?

There are a lot of shops that can bang out that kind of product on their CNC but I don't think I've ever seen that as a "stock" type item.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts