Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Custom Builder
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this video out. Nothing like trying to avoid using one of them ugly beams. Just face nail your rim to the posts. It'll hold.

http://youtu.be/SvCXTyX-Q4k

The guy in the video has the same dry narrator's voice that public education videos use.

ISM.

Reactions: TimelessQuality

·
Escaped contractor
189 Posts
Some people would pay a lot of money for a ride like that. :laughing:

At least the deck boards stayed nailed down nicely. I say leave it where it is and just enjoy easy access to the pool.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
They definitely don't make nails anymore as they use too...:laughing:
Deck screws. Some guy that's been in the biz for 30 years and has built a ton of 'em told me he goes above and beyond and only uses deck screws because they don't rust.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
There would have to be four or five guy's on a job like that.
None of them knew or cared.
WOW
I built a deck for an engeneer more than a few years ago. He said wow, you like to overbuild things.
My reply was, It's nothing personal, but if you and I never see each other again, we're both happy.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
There would have to be four or five guy's on a job like that.
None of them knew or cared.
WOW
I built a deck for an engeneer more than a few years ago. He said wow, you like to overbuild things.
My reply was, It's nothing personal, but if you and I never see each other again, we're both happy.
That kind of project can be done solo pretty easily. The worst part about that project is the 6x6 posts that are approx 12' tall, I've stood 16'+ solo before.
I'm not saying it's a good idea to build something of that size solo, just saying it can be done.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thank God no one was under that deck.
The value and importance of a competent and experienced deck builder is underrated by far too many clients.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts