Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
alright, now I feel guilty...I was just kiddin'

we've got heel-nippers at home (+2 cats that won't die :laughing:)

Are those **** zoos I hate them little mofos
I have a huge scar on my leg from when a HO spaced out on a sales call ant one of those pieces of **** ran out and took a chunk out of my leg.
A hole HO didn't buy either
At least wifieis a lawyer I WILL have my revenge

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Inner city and south side of Chicago, the Pit Bull seems to be the breed of choice. Fortunately, it is kind of rare for me to leave the suburbs but when I have to go there...maybe the ex-lax isn't such a bad idea. At least he would have something else on his mind other than killing the electrician!

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,949 Posts
Inner city and south side of Chicago, the Pit Bull seems to be the breed of choice.
So? I've known a few, and most of 'em are pussycats.

MOF, I've never met a dog I couldn't get next to inside of an hour or so, except for one Rottweiler. Worked a whole summer at that place, and still never felt comfortable with turning my back on her. <sigh>

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
So? I've known a few, and most of 'em are pussycats.

MOF, I've never met a dog I couldn't get next to inside of an hour or so, except for one Rottweiler. Worked a whole summer at that place, and still never felt comfortable with turning my back on her. <sigh>
Me too. It depends on how and who raises them. I recently worked in a house where the HO was a very frightened and insecure person.

When she was in the house, the dog was always ready to attack and she placed her behind a gate for "my protection"

Once the HO left the dog would start whimpering, and I let her out to hang out with me. She followed me everywhere and anytime I was working on something on my knees or in the prone postion, she would lick my bald head profusely.

PS: This was one big intimidating looking German Shepard.

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,949 Posts
PS: This was one big intimidating looking German Shepard.
:laughing: :thumbsup:

Outside of that Rottweiler, my most memorable encounter was with a St Bernard named Bandit. Totally lovable guy, but he was a Leaner. You'd be scritching him behind the ear, and before you knew it, you'd find yourself on the other side of the room without ever taking a step. :laughing:

But to get back to the OP, I've never had a need to formalize the whole thing about kids & pets. My experience is actually more the reverse: HO's tend to go overboard with protective measures, to the point that I actually wish they'd loosen up a bit sometimes.

On the rare occasion that a kid/pet is really counterproductive, a simple word or two has always sufficed. 'Course, I tend to prequalify my clients for [un]common sense pretty rigorously. :thumbsup:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,701 Posts
With regards to kids, we make it quite clear to clients to make sure that their rugrats stay off of our scaffolding.

Good luck with that. Once you leave the job site, it's no longer a scaffold. It magically transforms into a jungle gym.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,701 Posts
21 - 34 of 34 Posts