This almost seems too out there to be true....We finished a bathroom remodel about a week ago. The clients were very concerned about their exotic birds during the process. Fumes are hard on these creatures. We used only latex paints and had windows open in the bathroom and several closed doors between us and the birds. We made it through the job just fine. I just found out some distressing news. My client (new owners of this house) used the oven for thanksgiving day meal. The previous owner had placed a teflon drip pan in the bottom of the oven. My clients did not know this. It produced no noticeable smell but the fumes killed all the exotic birds in less than 4 hours.
If any of you have clients with birds, be careful.:sad: