Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Brickwork
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a job for a friend at weekends on a flat he has bought over the top of a shop. It's the one above the phone shop.
phpO2mBfCAM.jpg
It's got a few damp issues. The gutter at the rear sits over the top of the wall instead of clearing it. The fascia board is set back in the middle of the wall for some reason. I had to put a scaffold up to put a 4in hole in the top left hand corner for a vent, so I did suggest extending the rafters out, but he didn't want the expense.
I just flashed the fascia with some 6in DPC.

php7iJn6NAM.jpg

phpRih3tdAM (1).jpg

·
Registered
Brickwork
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW Stu, nice rig,...you climb out the window for that?
That's right superseal, climb through the window. Used lead. The wall is full of damp and mould on the inside. Trouble with these old places is that they have been altered over the years by different hacks.
The building is Grade 2 listed, which means that it's a criminal offense to alter or damage the building without permission from English Heritage.
The previous owner changed the back door fron timber to plastic without permission, but once it's sold the new owner inherits the offense. This means he has to change the door or face court action.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts